This is a Guest Contribution by Chari Pack, Founder of PersnicketyPrints.
We are taking more photos than ever before, but what about preserving them? What happens when today’s high-tech data storage systems become tomorrow’s floppy discs?
Vint Cerf, Google VP and Father of the Internet, warned us last year of a “digital dark age”.
Image Credit : http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/feb/13/google-boss-warns-forgotten-century-email-photos-vint-cerf
The Library of Congress expresses the same concern with Digital Preservation when it comes to digital memories and provides the following Archiving Tips:
- Identify where you have digital photos
- Decide which photos are most important
- Organize the selected photos
- Make copies and store them in different places
Not only should we be printing our most treasured moments, we should also be aware of preservation. Will that inkjet printer you have next to the laundry room process images that will actually last?
We live in a time of instant gratification. We want it now. At Persnickety Prints, we understand this; however, when it comes to printing, archival longevity is just as important. All Persnickety orders are processed in-house and shipped within 12 hours. Lab techs look at every single image as it’s printed and again once it’s completed. At Persnickety Prints, we still use a dark room. No ink. Silver Halide printing is still the most archival, fade and water resistant printing medium available.
Persnickety Prints is offering Save Your Photos readers an exclusive 20% off discount valid on any product, thru the end of the year.
Discount Code: PRESERVE
Founder | CEO | Photographer | Designer | Product Development | iPhoneographer | Social Media Expert | Public Speaker
- After a long search for high quality affordable printing, Chari saw a need and created her own; Persnickety Prints.
- Completely bootstrapped, Chari went from zero to hero and continues to grow each year without funding or investors. She is passionate about the customer, striving to educate and serve each one in this new digital age.
- Before founding Persnickety Prints, Chari helped numerous organizations increase their online presence and revenue through her creative services. Chari graduated top of her class & received a Business Management degree from UVU. Her hands on retail knowledge and expertise comes from over 10 years of service at the retail industry giant, GAP.
- When Chari is not working on the next innovative business idea, she is calling a customer about their low resolution image, driving one of her 3 boys to a soccer game, or racing her mountain bike.