Top 10 Reasons People Don’t Organize Their Digital Photo Collection
Bonnie Shay of Mariposa Photo Organizing shares her top 10 List of reasons people don’t organize their digital photo collections. Which one (or more) sounds like you?
1. They are overwhelmed with the quantity of photos they have.
2. They don’t have the computer skills to deal with digital photos.
3. They think they will get to it someday when life gets back to “normal.”
4. They don’t have the time.
5. They can’t remember in which cloud/online sites they have their photos stored.
6. They can’t remember their passwords to log in to the cloud/online sites where they have stored their photos.
7. They have so many duplicates scattered over all their devices and don’t know how to find them.
8. They can’t choose what app or photo management software program to use.
9. They have photos on outdated computers and/or phones that they can’t access.
10. They don’t know a Photo Organizer like me that can help them.
Did 1 or more of the reasons sound like you? Please let us know which one in the comments.
We also invite you to visit our sister blog The Photo Organizers for more tips and in-depth knowledge from some of the top photo organizing industry professionals. To find a photo organizer near you, visit the Association of Personal Photo Organizers.
Bonnie Hillman Shay is the founder and owner of Mariposa Photo Organizing in Highland Park, IL. Bonnie combined her 20+ years of experience managing a professional photography business and her natural talent and passion for making order out of disorder to create a top-notch photo organizing business. She helps her clients regain control of their printed and digital photos. She edits and organizes each photo collection and creates end products to tell the client’s story. The end product may be an album of prints, a digital photo book, a slide show, and/or a website for sharing with friends and family.
Bonnie also works with slides, movies/videos of all formats, and memorabilia. She also makes sure each client’s photo history is securely backed up for safety and to share with generations to come.